Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

LSAT Tracker

by noah Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:09 pm

We'd love to hear what you think of the new tracker...You can download it from http://www.manhattanlsat.com/training-center.cfm

Suggestions? Comments? Complaints? A haiku describing your experience?

ssbrooks5
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: LSAT Tracker

by ssbrooks5 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:46 am

I downloaded the new tracker and put 2 tests into the excel sheet. Saved it and then reopened. Cannot get it to track my results. Keeps telling me there is an error and asking me if I want to debug. I select yes but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm

ssbrooks5 Wrote:I downloaded the new tracker and put 2 tests into the excel sheet. Saved it and then reopened. Cannot get it to track my results. Keeps telling me there is an error and asking me if I want to debug. I select yes but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

That's no good! Are you using a Mac? It's really a PC-friendly tool, I'm afraid. An easy solution is to e-mail it to yourself, open it on a PC, copy the results into a new tracker on the PC, and then save.

I'm sorry - it's sort of clunky that way. If you can't get it to work, e-mail it to me.

meg053090
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

This post thanked 1 time.

by meg053090 Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 pm

for preptest 60, there's something wrong with the reading comprehension section, it sort of blended with the LR section before it, and it doesn't seem to be computing the answers correctly

labetterman
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

This post thanked 1 time.

by labetterman Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 am

The number of questions for section 3 and section 4 are switched. Even if you trying to start putting in RC answers starting at question 26 for section (first question for RC if you fill in all the inputs), the corresponding answers are wrong.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks! We'll look into those errors.

wallace.rachael
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by wallace.rachael Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 pm

So there's no way to use this tool on a mac? That's really inconvenient. I was excited to use this tool, and I don't really want to make the trek to the library to use a PC. :(

ibrahim.elshamy
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by ibrahim.elshamy Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:01 pm

The tracker has been EXTREMELY helpful -- adding the support for the additional tests was a huge boost. Thank you, it has been an excellent tool.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:27 pm

wallace.rachael Wrote:So there's no way to use this tool on a mac? That's really inconvenient. I was excited to use this tool, and I don't really want to make the trek to the library to use a PC. :(

It generally does work on a mac, but it usually takes a bit more saving, closing and re-opening. Some versions of mac's OS are really unfriendly with the way complex excel sheets like this one work.

Give it a whirl, and if it doesn't work, e-mail me what you've filled in and I'll fix it for you. But, you'll owe me a good joke (I mean it).

- N

carmen.lu.6
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by carmen.lu.6 Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:30 pm

I have a mac and the tracker is not working. Any solutions other than finding a PC? Thanks!

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:10 pm

carmen.lu.6 Wrote:I have a mac and the tracker is not working. Any solutions other than finding a PC? Thanks!

Make sure you've enabled macros.

If that doesn't work, send it to our tech team - techsupport @ manhattanlsat.com and they can fix it up for you.

ispawlak
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by ispawlak Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 pm

:D I love the tracker! It works amazing and really shows where I can improve, and where I can take a break. The breakdowns, espcially in LR, are awesome since it saves me time in having to document them myself.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:51 pm

ispawlak Wrote::D I love the tracker! It works amazing and really shows where I can improve, and where I can take a break. The breakdowns, espcially in LR, are awesome since it saves me time in having to document them myself.

So glad to hear that! (Usually all I hear is how some mac users find it a bit wonky.)

I'll pass on the compliment to the developer.

brian.gutbrod
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by brian.gutbrod Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 am

I tried the LSAT tracker two separate times and still can't get the program to refresh the data. Any suggestions?

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 pm

brian.gutbrod Wrote:I tried the LSAT tracker two separate times and still can't get the program to refresh the data. Any suggestions?

Go ahead and e-mail it to me (noah @ manhattanlsat.com) and I'll get it working for you.

Probably it's because you're on a mac, and mac's hate fancy excel sheets.

pastaonice
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by pastaonice Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:00 pm

The LSAT tracker only tracks:
June 2007
September 2006
June 2006
December 2005
October 2005
June 2005

They are not in Practice Book 2. What are the PrepTest numbers? How do we track our progress if we test from Practice Book 2 and they are not in the tracker?

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:44 pm

pastaonice Wrote:The LSAT tracker only tracks:
June 2007
September 2006
June 2006
December 2005
October 2005
June 2005

They are not in Practice Book 2. What are the PrepTest numbers? How do we track our progress if we test from Practice Book 2 and they are not in the tracker?

Most of the tests that are in practice book 2 (PT50-65) are in the tracker (46-63). We used to not break up those tests in practice book 1, but now we do. It looks like you're one of our students, so you can download the full PTs off the student center. But, you'd probably be seeing the Pt46-53 questions a second time, as they're in PB1 as well as in class.

You can e-mail me at noah @ manhattanlsat.com if you have more issues with this.

We're working on an updated version of the tracker that will solve all of humanity's woes (or at least those of us LSAT folks). It'll take a while to get it rolled out :(

pastaonice
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: LSAT Tracker (Part 2)

by pastaonice Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:54 am

Hi Noah,

I figured out what the problem is - on your website, when you click on "DOWNLOAD" for the LSAT TRACKER, it gives you the OLD version. http://www.manhattanlsat.com/lsat-practice-test.cfm

The hyperlink needs to be updated. Thank you for the response. I can now assess my progress hereafter.

: )

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: LSAT Tracker (Part 2)

by noah Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:08 pm

pastaonice Wrote:Hi Noah,

I figured out what the problem is - on your website, when you click on "DOWNLOAD" for the LSAT TRACKER, it gives you the OLD version. http://www.manhattanlsat.com/lsat-practice-test.cfm

The hyperlink needs to be updated. Thank you for the response. I can now assess my progress hereafter.

: )

Fixed!

manhattanlsat.packer
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by manhattanlsat.packer Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:32 pm

I would also like to add that I cannot get the tracker to work. I am using a PC, OpenOffice, with the macros enabled. I entered PT51, reopened it, but it just says #REF! where it should have statistics. I was hoping to use the tracker ahead of the October LSAT, but this now seems unlikely.

PS, I do not work for Manhattan LSAT. I signed up with a disposable email address, and it seems that this email address was used as my forum name. I cannot figure out how to change it.