Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: LSAT Tracker

by noah Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:33 pm

manhattanlsat.packer Wrote:I would also like to add that I cannot get the tracker to work. I am using a PC, OpenOffice, with the macros enabled. I entered PT51, reopened it, but it just says #REF! where it should have statistics. I was hoping to use the tracker ahead of the October LSAT, but this now seems unlikely.

PS, I do not work for Manhattan LSAT. I signed up with a disposable email address, and it seems that this email address was used as my forum name. I cannot figure out how to change it.

Thanks for telling us. Open office is probably not allowing it. If you e-mail me your tracker, I can probably fix it for you. noah @ manhattanlsat.com

anamarva
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by anamarva Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello!

Unfortunately I use a Mac with Excel 2008 (which does not support VBA's)

I tried opening the tracker on Zoho Docs, a free cloud-based spread sheet program, and the Refresh Data macro appears, but will not run, because of a warning that reads "Invalid class or field get".

I wondered if this is an easy fix, or if I should just give up on it.

It seems like a really great tool, so I would love to get it working!

Thanks,

Ana

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:31 pm

anamarva Wrote:Hello!

Unfortunately I use a Mac with Excel 2008 (which does not support VBA's)

I tried opening the tracker on Zoho Docs, a free cloud-based spread sheet program, and the Refresh Data macro appears, but will not run, because of a warning that reads "Invalid class or field get".

I wondered if this is an easy fix, or if I should just give up on it.

It seems like a really great tool, so I would love to get it working!

Thanks,

Ana

Oh, how these posts pain me! It's a great tool with a PC bias! We're working on a deep deep fix, but that will be ready in the spring. You can e-mail me your tracker, and I will fix it for you (that goes for anyone reading this thread). So you know, how I fix it is by copying your answers into a new tracker, saving it, and mailing it back to you (this works on a PC).

My e-mail is noah @ manhattanlsat.com (remove those spaces--I put those in to block spam).

LSAT on Brain
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by LSAT on Brain Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 pm

I downloaded it and was excited about using it, but it seems to list the test out of order. It starts in descending order from 50 - 46 and then in line 608 jumps from PT 46 to PT 53 and goes to 63. it is not hard to fix but would be easier if it was sequential.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:31 pm

LSAT on Brain Wrote:I downloaded it and was excited about using it, but it seems to list the test out of order. It starts in descending order from 50 - 46 and then in line 608 jumps from PT 46 to PT 53 and goes to 63. it is not hard to fix but would be easier if it was sequential.

Glad you're finding it useful. The order is that way because we don't suggest that our students do those two PTs since we use them heavily in our course and books.

patrice.antoine
Thanks Received: 35
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by patrice.antoine Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 am

I opened my tracker and noticed that it already has completed stats from exams I may have taken when I initially signed up with you guys back in 2011. Is there anyway to start afresh and remove my old information?

Also, its not converting my new PT test I took.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:02 pm

patrice.antoine Wrote:I opened my tracker and noticed that it already has completed stats from exams I may have taken when I initially signed up with you guys back in 2011. Is there anyway to start afresh and remove my old information?

Also, its not converting my new PT test I took.

Just go to the input tab, select the answers and delete. As for converting, make sure you save, close, and reopen. Send it to me if you continue to struggle.

daniel
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

by daniel Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:18 pm

I downloaded the LSAT Tracker and was wondering whether there are any plans to update it with information for PTs 64-68?

Thanks!

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:04 pm

The tracker is being updated. Look out for a newer version later this year!

elliske
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by elliske Sat May 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I just finished the June 2007 preptest and was entering my answers into the tracker, but it says that they are incorrect when they are correct. Does not seem to match up with the official answers...

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Mon May 13, 2013 11:51 am

Hey elliske, you can download the Tracker here:

http://www.manhattanlsat.com/training-center.cfm

If for some reason that's the same one you have and you still think it's wrong, email me at msherman@manhattanprep.com and we'll get to the bottom of this.

sortega917
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by sortega917 Sun May 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi,

The LSAT tracker is not properly analyzing stats for PT51. Is there anyway I can get it to include my score an progress on my progress tracker? Thanks

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Tue May 21, 2013 3:53 pm

sortega917 Wrote:Hi,

The LSAT tracker is not properly analyzing stats for PT51. Is there anyway I can get it to include my score an progress on my progress tracker? Thanks

Because we use PT51 and 52 in our class so much, it's separated into its own tab. Since students will have seen so many of the questions, we filter those out of the general analysis. I know that can be annoying, and we'll address it in future iterations.

jkkafka
Thanks Received: 1
Forum Guests

This post thanked 1 time.

by jkkafka Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:49 pm

I have a mac and I was able to get the Tracker to work by using Excel and enabling Macros. I would also like to say how much I LOVE the tracker! It's so easy to see the progress I'm making...which you can easily loose sight of when doing preptest after preptest. Also, the way it breaks down the problems is great to help identify problem areas and figure out what to concentrate on. I only wish I had found this more than a week before my LSAT!!

Timothy.Revero
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Timothy.Revero Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm using Excel 2003 and PT 51 is identifying correct and incorrect answers, however it is not populating a score in the score section.

I'm aware that this test isn't included in the breakdowns but should it still score?

I'm using the most recent version of our tracker.

thanks.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Timothy.Revero Wrote:I'm using Excel 2003 and PT 51 is identifying correct and incorrect answers, however it is not populating a score in the score section.

I'm aware that this test isn't included in the breakdowns but should it still score?

I'm using the most recent version of our tracker.

thanks.

Yes, we isolate 51 & 52, as we use those throughout our books and courses, so for few or our students would those be representative.

Timothy.Revero
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Timothy.Revero Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:31 pm

I did that PT more as a review of the HW than anything else. However, the tracker is not giving me a raw or scaled score. I've It scored fine for my other tests. I've already copy and pasted into a fresh tracker with the same results.

not a huge deal because i can score it by hand, but it won't even let me input the score into the field bc it's locked.

natalie74
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by natalie74 Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi,
I am new, so maybe I'm just not understanding how to use the tracker but the spreadsheet that I downloaded doesn't seem to have any LSAT's past June 2011 loaded. Immediately prior to this class I took the December 2012 as well as the June 2013 LSATs, and would like to enter those results into the tracker, is this not possible? Could it be because I have a MAC? Any assistance would be appreciated!

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:14 am

natalie74 Wrote:Hi,
I am new, so maybe I'm just not understanding how to use the tracker but the spreadsheet that I downloaded doesn't seem to have any LSAT's past June 2011 loaded. Immediately prior to this class I took the December 2012 as well as the June 2013 LSATs, and would like to enter those results into the tracker, is this not possible? Could it be because I have a MAC? Any assistance would be appreciated!

Howdy Natalie, the tracker is only set for the first major set of exams we assign--you're reading it right. It's in those first ones that you gain the most important data for looking at strengths and weaknesses. Sorry if you were intent on using other ones.

If you have any trouble using it, feel free to e-mail me a filled-in tracker and I can work on it.

- Noah

zellie07usa
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by zellie07usa Sun May 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Any updates on the new tracker that has PTs 64 and up?