Does the conclusion escape you? Has understanding the tone of the passage gotten you down? Get help here.
jlucero
Forum Guests

Re: Researchers have noted that panda bears...

by jlucero Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm

As Tim said, I think there is a missing "not" in the answer choice. There must be a new version of this FoV book, b/c none of us instructors have the book and none of us have digital copies of the book. I'll definitely be emailing our tech department to ask for updated versions for us online.
Joe Lucero
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
amustafina5
Course Students

by amustafina5 Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:22 am

jlucero Wrote:As Tim said, I think there is a missing "not" in the answer choice. There must be a new version of this FoV book, b/c none of us instructors have the book and none of us have digital copies of the book. I'll definitely be emailing our tech department to ask for updated versions for us online.

I have received my MGMAT books in November of 2013 and my Foundations book does have this question in it. Question #4, page 216 of FOV. If there is a mistake there, it should probably be removed from the book in order not to confuse students.

Thanks!

Please find below the scans of the solution as listed in the FOV book (2012 edition, MG Prep, Inc)

http://tinypic.com/r/2mhzjvb/5
http://tinypic.com/r/2hcndqt/5
RonPurewal
Students

by RonPurewal Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:20 am

Those scans don't help, because the omitted "not" (as described here) is in one of those answer choices. Those pages don't show the answer choices.
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 am

Answer choice (C) should read:

"Pandas that are already likely to live longer are not [emphasis added] also more likely to give birth to live young."

In an earlier version of the book, the word "not" was missing. This was fixed in later printings of the book, so your book may or may not have the correct wording.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep
EduardoJ96
Students

by EduardoJ96 Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:26 am

Hi, I received my Foundations of GMAT Verbal 5th Edition two weeks ago and my copy still has this error. I bought it online directly from this website.

Is there a new version of the book? If yes, why did I receive an old one? This appears to be an old error. If not, what didn't you include this issue in the errata page?

The ISBN of my book is 978-1-937707-01-9 (Copyright 2012).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Thanks
tim
Course Students

by tim Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Errors are only corrected when there is a new printing of the book. I'm sure you got the most up to date book we have available, but if you are concerned, a call to MGMAT's head office is the best course of action. Those of us who answer questions on the forums don't control which books get shipped out.
Tim Sanders
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Follow this link for some important tips to get the most out of your forum experience:
https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/forums/a-few-tips-t31405.html
StaceyKoprince
ManhattanGMAT Staff

by StaceyKoprince Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Yes, as Tim said, more books are printed only when we run out of the previous batch. The "later" version I looked at was the e-version, which we can update more quickly (obviously!). Sorry about that confusion.

Further compounding the issue, the FoV errata page on our website was lost in a switch to a new publishing platform. Our tech department is fixing that page now, so it should be back online soon.
Stacey Koprince
Instructor
Director, Content & Curriculum
ManhattanPrep