Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

laural421
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Where are the RC explanations the syllabus discusses?

by laural421 Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:21 pm

I'm finding the syllabus to not have accurate information, incorrect information, or missing information. Maybe, I just need help locating it.

I am specifically looking for the Passage Maps and Scale explanations the syllabus references to check my work. It states that they are in the forum, but I don't know where to look for these explanations.

Does anyone know where to find the explanations?

Thank you in advance! :D

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3803
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Where are the RC explanations the syllabus discusses?

by ohthatpatrick Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:21 pm

All the explanations on the Forum are listed by
Section Type > Test -> Section/Passage -> Question

Say I'm reading PT54's RC section and want to check passage 3.

RC --> PT54 --> Passage 3 --> Passage Discussion
https://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/foru ... 18007.html

Within each RC Passage's folder will be a handful of posts. Usually there's one for Passage Discussion (that's where people would share or ask about passage maps and scales) and then there might be an individual post for each of the questions within that passage.

However, some passages don't have a Passage Discussion page. Some of them do, but you won't exactly find a scale / passage map. Some them you will, but they won't necessarily be from a teacher (our names are in red).

So if you go to check on any passage you're working on, and there isn't a Passage Discussion page, feel free to create one! (Just click on Post Topic)

If you're reading the Passage Discussion page and you don't see any comments from teachers, or the comments from teachers don't fully address the Scale / Passage Map you're looking for, feel free to add a question to that thread requesting one.

Hope that helps.
(btw, forum response rates aren't always "same day", so you might get quicker responses emailing your instructor or Student Services)

laural421
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Where are the RC explanations the syllabus discusses?

by laural421 Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:47 pm

THANK YOU! This is all very helpful! :mrgreen: