Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

socatkn1p
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Taking December 11, 2010 LSAT

by socatkn1p Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:12 am

Hello all,

So far, I've completed prep tests 19-36.

I have in my possession, but have yet to complete prep tests 37, 38, and 53-60; two older ones and 8 recent ones.

My question is, should I complete each one individually, doing some two a day, or, should I take the 8 recent prep tests, and use each of the remaining 8 sections in prep tests 37 and 38 as added 5th sections for prep tests 53-60.

I've been averaging approximately 170, but I really need to take that jump to the next level of 175+. I would appreciate insights from staff, but any and all helpful suggestions are welcome from others as well. Thank you!

sdelia10
Forum Guests

Re: Taking December 11, 2010 LSAT

by sdelia10 Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Personally, I would definitely use your prep tests to create a five section. At first I did practice tests without the extra section, but when I did add an extra section the extra 35 minutes made a difference on how I felt by the end of the test. I know I felt more prepared for the actual LSAT and didn't burn out after the 4th section, like I overheard some of the other test takers disusing on our way out in October.

Also, I know it seems crazy, but take Friday off from studying (or at least mostly off) A little review won't hurt, but give your brain some time to relax before the big day. At that point you've already learned all you are going to, and extra day is not really going to help.

Hope this helps! Good luck on Saturday!! Can't believe it's already only a week away!

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 pm

I agree with sdelia10...

5 section practice tests are better than 4 section ones. Also, the LSAC has not promised to administer the experimental section during the first three sections, but since they began writing the LSAT in 1991 it has always been the case that the experimental appears in section 1, 2, or 3.

Mix it up and put the experimental 2nd or 3rd. It makes a difference when you do not have an opportunity to warm up by putting the experimental in section 1.

If you're scoring in the 170's the improvement you'll likely need to take on next is not accuracy, but consistency. For that, repetition and extra time are key factors. Make good choices about when to leave questions behind to come back to and revisit, so that you don't get bogged down and waste time rereading answer choices over and over again. This should free up some more time so that you can work through those two or three that stump you.

Good luck!

socatkn1p
Forum Guests

by socatkn1p Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:02 pm

thanks for the advice.

i went ahead and did 5 section tests, and scored on the lower part of my average for the first two, but finished strong. i just took my last practice test and only missed 4, so i'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow.

i think the key was relaxing and trusting my gut a bit more.