Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

KathrynR994
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Syllabus and 5th Edition

by KathrynR994 Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:28 pm

I'm having a hard time reading the syllabus assignments. I have the 5th edition books. The page numbers are not lining up with any practice questions. For example, after session 1, I'm directed to go to page 57, 103, 135... but these pages don't have any practice questions in the LR book. On some pages, I just see the "In this chapter" page. Am I looking in the wrong place? Perhaps the questions are somewhere online and not in the books? Thank you.

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3804
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Syllabus and 5th Edition

by ohthatpatrick Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Hey, Kathryn.

In the future, I'd recommend emailing your teacher or student services for questions like this (that deserve immediate responses). The forum isn't usually a place where you'll necessarily get same-day responses.

You're not the first to be confused by the oh-so-densely worded Course Workbook.

I'm assuming you're looking at the problems assigned in LR Set 1a?

Those are all in the 10 Official LSAT Tests (52-61). On the first page of your after Class 1 assignments, it assigns
LR Set 1a and tells you that it's coming from this book.

In fact, whenever you can tell we're just assigning you a bunch of specific problems, your default expectation should be it's coming from that Green Official Guide (which is nicknamed OG1). When it switches to any other book (such as the LSAT OG2 assignment on the lower right of the same page), it tells you.

Let me know if there's still any confusion. Thanks.