Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

cyruswhittaker
Thanks Received: 107
Forum Guests

trophy
Most Thanked
trophy
First Responder

Suggestions on Setting up a Study Curriculum

by cyruswhittaker Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:23 pm

I have posted on the Atlas forums a lot, and I recently took the October 2010 LSAT. I have studied a lot this summer and have done nearly all the preptests from pt 7-pt 60. There were a few I didn't do, simply because I couldnt find them. I've also gone through a lot of materials on understanding the material itself.

I felt good on the Oct 2010 test, but I didn't feel confident enough to say that I got 170+, which is what I'm aiming for. There have been preptests where I score above 170, but then on another test I'll drop down to the 160s. I was pressed for time on a couple games questions, and on the arguments sections--though I finished all the questions--I was unsure on a few of them.

If I scored between 165-170, I would be happy with it. On the other hand, if I ended up scoring below 165, I would most likely retake the test.

I have the AtlasLSAT study guides (all three) which I haven't studied yet, but was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on how to study these books given my situation. The AtlasLSAT guides say they are designed for 170+ test-takers, which is where I'd like to end up if I do have to retake the test.

Thanks!

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Suggestions on Setting up a Study Curriculum

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:35 pm

If you think there's any doubt whether you got a 170 and you really want that score, I don't see any reason not to wait till December and hit your target.

The three strategy guides are meant to be read like a book. I think you'll find that as you go through them, much of the information will be familiar to you; the way to 170's starts with a solid foundation. But their will also be new ways of looking at things that will expand your familiar concepts.

Make sure if you decide to keep going till December that you take a little time off from the LSAT now. I think you'd do better if you didn't face burnout come the beginning of December. Take a week off, and then get ready to work. First thing to do is get a set of PrepTests that you can use as practice tests in the weeks leading up the LSAT. I'd want to have at least 4, but preferably 6-8 and it would be even better if they were relatively recent.

Thanks so much for posting on the forums here. Your work is great and I'm always encouraged reading your explanations. Keep up the good work!