Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

RyanM393
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Should I take prep tests during lesson plans or after?

by RyanM393 Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Hello,

I have been studying for the end of March LSAT and I'm trying to be as effective with my time as possible. I have been going through the Lesson Plan and learning a great deal for mastery. According to Syllabus, Prep tests are to be taken as I go through the lesson plan. Is this the best strategy? Or would it be better to take all lesson plans and then take prep tests?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3804
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Should I take prep tests during lesson plans or after?

by ohthatpatrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm

It's good to be doing 35-minute timed sections throughout the learning process. I care less whether people sit down for 3 hrs and do an entire test (although that IS valuable for re-contextualizing what all the stuff you're learning actually feels like when you're struggling to hold it together for 3 hrs worth of concentration)

But 35-minute timed sections are crucial throughout, because the pressure of the time constraint and the distraction of looking at all this content in a mixed blender (as opposed to the organized theme of HW assignments) is invaluable, irreplaceable practice.

You wouldn't have a rookie quarterback just watch game tape and go to the gym and look through the coach's playbook all season and then suddenly throw them into real games come playoff time

You want that quarterback trying to apply the stuff he's learning, so he plays in scrimmages and takes some snaps during actual games.

There's a big gap between intellectually understanding something and the performance challenge of being able to call upon that knowledge within a more chaotic, pressurized context.

And nothing gets us ready for the latter other than actually simulating those sorts of conditions.

So try to do at least one 35-minute section of every type each week, and consider doing a practice test once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Hayden N525
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Hayden N525 Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:47 pm

On the whole, no. I don't think it's appropriate to do it during lessons, as it's time consuming. I didn't do it like that. I was trying to take time off.

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 93
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by Laura Damone Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:21 pm

I fully agree with Patrick! Regular timed section practice is essential. Sections every week in the 6 weeks leading up to the exam. The only exception would be if you're really burnt out. Then take a week off to recharge. Otherwise, forge ahead! The time spent will pay dividends on test day!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep

HollieC173
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by HollieC173 Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:55 am

MaisieB448 Wrote:I also support the idea of Patrick. Daily exam preparation during your studies will be very useful. Yes, it is incredibly hard, but I think it is worth it. As for the basic study, you can use the website https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/a-lesson-before-dying/ , which helps to write various papers. With the help of this website recently found free essays on the topic of the lesson before dying. I hope our advice will be madly useful to you and you will achieve the desired goal.

Why this site? Although I changed my mind when I came to this site.

RachelleW795
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by RachelleW795 Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 pm

ohthatpatrick Wrote:It's good to be doing 35-minute timed sections throughout the learning process. I care less whether people sit down for 3 hrs and do an entire test (although that IS valuable for re-contextualizing what all the stuff you're learning actually feels like when you're struggling to hold it together for 3 hrs worth of concentration)

But 35-minute timed sections are crucial throughout, because the pressure of the time constraint and the distraction of looking at all this content in a mixed blender (as opposed to the organized theme of HW assignments) is invaluable, irreplaceable practice.

You wouldn't have a rookie quarterback just watch game tape and go to the gym and look through the coach's playbook all season and then suddenly throw them into real games come playoff time

You want that quarterback trying to apply the stuff he's learning, so he plays in scrimmages and takes some snaps during actual games.

There's a big gap between intellectually understanding something and the performance challenge of being able to call upon that knowledge within a more chaotic, pressurized context.

And nothing gets us ready for the latter other than actually simulating those sorts of conditions.

So try to do at least one 35-minute section of every type each week, and consider doing a practice test once every 2 or 3 weeks.

This is such a great analogy! Simulation is a really effective way of preparing for absolutely any exam. It's also a great way to diagnose the areas of weakness you need to work on. When test day comes and you've integrated this in your preparation, you would be able to answer the questions effectively and efficiently.

MaksR398
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by MaksR398 Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:40 pm

Determining when to take prep tests during or after medical college lesson plans depends on several factors, including your preferences and learning context, as well as study and homework loads, which is why students often ask for help from specialized services. Some teachers prefer to conduct preparation tests before the lesson in order to assess the level of knowledge of students and tune in to a particular topic. This can help them determine the most appropriate teaching approach and prepare materials.

Watson43w553
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Watson43w553 Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:10 am

Whether to take preparation tests during lesson planning or after is a matter of personal preference and learning style. Both approaches have their advantages, and the decision often depends on the individual's study habits and the nature of the material being covered. Here are some considerations for both options:

Taking Prep Tests During Lesson Plans:

Immediate Application: Taking practice tests during lesson plans allows for the immediate application of newly acquired knowledge. This can reinforce concepts and help solidify understanding.

Identifying Weaknesses: Early exposure to practice questions can quickly highlight areas of weakness. This gives learners the opportunity to address these weaknesses while the material is still fresh in their minds. bullet Journal Ideas

Active Engagement: Incorporating practice tests into lesson plans keeps learners actively engaged in the learning process. It breaks up the passive act of receiving information with more active participation.