Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

Thanks Received: 1
Forum Guests

Redoing PT

by . Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 am

I have a quick question.

I took the LSAT last year, and didn't do as well as I would like, so I am retaking. I just redid the test I sat for last year, and while I got a much better score, I got a few wrong this time around that I got right the first time around.

I wonder if there is a common reason why that happens. Does that mean something? Does it mean I probably understand it and just made a mistake and shouldn't worry about it too much? Or that I should focus on those questions a lot because I don't understand them at all.

Sorry, this is a weird question and I'm not really sure what to ask. But I am aiming for consistency, so I don't know what to think when I get a question right a year ago when I was much less prepared and get it wrong now when I feel much more confident and my scores are much higher.

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Redoing PT

by tommywallach Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Hey Jef,

I'm afraid I don't entirely understand the question! Everyone misses questions, and they won't be the same ones. Sometimes you catch some tricks, and sometimes you don't. I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep studying!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com