Q9

chocolatebunny
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Q9

by chocolatebunny Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I had a hard time picking out an answer for this question. I eliminated C and D right off the bat and then was down to choosing between A, B, and E. I eventually went with E because except the first paragraph that sets up the discussion that is to follow, the whole passage talks about the specific relationship of cytology to biochemistry in the late nineteenth century. Can somebody please walk me through this question? Thanks!

raymondcezar
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q9

by raymondcezar Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Because this is a central idea question, the answer will actually state what the author is trying to convey to the reader. After perusing through the answer choices, I picked (B) as the best answer choice. It was between (B) or (C), for me. However, I had eliminated (C) because of the word "necessarily." The author never expressed that antithetical interactions will inevitably lead to synthesis. For (B), though, the word "often" made me a bit hesitant in picking this answer. But, as shown in the first sentence, the author uses the word "often" when describing the counter part to the thesis discipline.

(E) can be eliminated because it isn't the central idea of the passage. It is, however, an example in which the author uses to illustrate his/her main point, which is broader than just the one example of synthesis of cytology and biochemistry.

q1w2l606
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q9

by q1w2l606 Sat May 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi

Answer could be found in 1-3 and 55-56