kenyamlee
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q7 The Passage provides information sufficienr to answer....

by kenyamlee Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Q7 The Passage provides information sufficienr to answer which one of tbe following questions?

I chose A and ran with it....without reading othernanswer choices. Poor choice. But if I did read, I probably would have compared A and E. Although I see that E is answerable I still feel drawn to A.

Is A wrong because the passage says that Winston did not "release a single collection of new music" whereas as answer choice A refers to "compose any new music"? Is new music vs single music collection the distinction being made here, that makes A not answerable by the passage?

JW372
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q7 The Passage provides information sufficienr to answer....

by JW372 Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 pm

The passage only addresses the year 1999, in which Marsalis released 15 new CDs. While he did not release any CDs in the two years after that, nor did he get a record deal during that time, the passage said nothing about whether Marsalis composed anything or not. It could be that he composed and nobody picked it up. That is why (A) doesn't work - we don't have enough information in the passage to answer the question.

For (E), on the other hand ... the passage gives several reasons why companies started reissuing vintage records, one of which is that it was far more profitable (lines 55-56). This answer choice has support in the passage, so it is correct.