Q7

StephanieK821
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q7

by StephanieK821 Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:48 pm

I eliminated the answer choices to C and D but ultimately went with C because I felt that the term "wasted" in D was too much of a leap from the passage.

Although it is also a jump to say that the director's cuts are less authentic than other versions as answer choice C says, I thought it was more supported by lines 43-45: "films are presented in an inauthentic setting, utterly shorn of the program that once gave these films life and context."

"Inauthentic" and "utterly shorn" were words I considered to be of strong support for the director's cuts being less authentic.

Can anyone please explain why D is correct and C incorrect?

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 94
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q7

by Laura Damone Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:26 am

Good work on the line references! They definitely support the idea that the directors cuts are presented inauthentically. Unfortunately, C isn't concerned with the presentation of the film. It's concerned with the version of the film itself. Note the transition from the first half of P3 that talks about the version of the film to the second half that talks about it's presentation in the word "Yet" line 41.

And while it's true that "wasted" is strong language, it's qualified with the word "potentially." This substantially lessens the degree of E.

Hope this helps!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep