tzyc
Thanks Received: 0
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

trophy
Most Thankful

Q6 - One thousand people of

by tzyc Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:47 pm

The stimulus says 31% are in favor of the ban and 24% of people against it, and 37% are in favor but only for specific media.
Is (D) correct because 31+37(in favor)=68>24 (against/or add the other 7, 31)?
I got this correct, but only by eliminate the other 4, so wanted to double check...
At first I was not sure the part "only for certain media" so thought maybe they could change their opinion...But maybe since this is most supported question, I do not have to consider too much?
Thanks

sumukh09
Thanks Received: 139
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

trophy
Most Thanked
trophy
First Responder

Re: Q6 - One thousand people of

by sumukh09 Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:24 pm

You're absolutely right - 69% of the population is in favor of some sort of ban AND the fact that the sample comprised adults who are representative of the general population is what enables us to conclude what D is saying.

The "only for certain media" part doesn't really play a role here if we take into account the answer choices since none of them play on that particular part of the stimulus. D sort of sidesteps the issue of "only for certain media" by saying Most of Denmark favours "some sort of ban" and "only for certain" media falls into that category so in that sense we don't really need to consider it any further.

civnetn
Thanks Received: 2
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by civnetn Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:35 pm

I really don't get this. There is absolutely no indication in the stimulus that the 38% is separate from the 31%. How am I just supposed to assume that and then add them up. So annoying :(

JosephV
Thanks Received: 9
Jackie Chiles
Jackie Chiles

by JosephV Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:23 pm

civnetn Wrote:I really don't get this. There is absolutely no indication in the stimulus that the 38% is separate from the 31%. How am I just supposed to assume that and then add them up. So annoying :(

You have to read in context. There was a survey and here are the results; this is the break-down. Just like any other survey you would see in the paper.

Don't overthink it! As is, the LSAT is complicated enough.