Q5

Nina
Thanks Received: 0
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Q5

by Nina Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:42 pm

how can we infer that C is the correct answer? i can't find specific lines in the passage to support it.

Thanks a lot!

christine.defenbaugh
Thanks Received: 585
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q5

by christine.defenbaugh Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:10 am

Excellent question Nina! I'm glad that you are so vigilant about finding line references to support correct answers, as that is precisely how you should be approaching these detail questions.

Since the question asks us to find a claim of the proponents of new electronic technology, our first stop is going to be in Paragraph 1. There are a few line references that seem to be in the ballpark.

lines 1-4 "technology ha[s] enabled artists to vary their forms of expression"
lines 8-9 "technologies create new ways of seeing and hearing"

Specifically, new technology has allowed for 1) digitalization in video art and 2) the Steadicam captured dance performance.

Thus, we have two solid line references that support the idea, generally, the electronic technology allows for new ways for artists to present their material, and we have two specific examples of such "new ways". This reflects answer choice (C) completely.

Not the Claims
(A) the idea that people are required to operate machines is never mentioned
(B) While line 19 suggests that the archives may be "enriched", it is a result of the ability to preserve the "previously unrecordable" aspects, not because the length of the recordable performance has increased.
(D) The passage never mentions the idea of "speeding up the creative process", nor are any claims made about an affect on "any art form".
(E) Modern dance is merely brought up as one example of a possible benefit of technology. There's no indication that modern dance will benefit more or less than any other art form.

Excellent focus on hunting for line references to support reading comprehension answer choices! Please let me know if you have any additional questions!