Q3

tianfeng102
Thanks Received: 11
Forum Guests

Q3

by tianfeng102 Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:25 pm

For Q3, all answer choices have PT. So you just need to focus on the other 2 departments which can or cannot share a floor with PT. Apparently either F or S can joint PT but not both based on a quick glance of the 4 frames. So choice C is the right answer.
LSAT could change from demon to darling, if you tame the beast (PrepTest) one after another in 60 days.

ManhattanPrepLSAT2
Thanks Received: 311
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q3

by ManhattanPrepLSAT2 Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

that's terrific of framing! -- i just solved it and ended up with something very similar --

one note i'd add has to do w/process -- this is a MUST BE FALSE question -- the #1 error students make is wasting time on the 4 answers that could be true. If an answer seems reasonable, move on quickly. If you've done your work correctly, one answer should jump out at you as being immediately wrong.

In this case, it's very tempting to spend too long overanalyzing (A) and (B) -- but there is nothing that is blatantly (or otherwise) wrong (or right for that matter!) about them, so you should move on quickly --

When you get to (C), again, if you've done the work ahead of time like tianfeng did, you should see that it clearly forces you to violate rules -- if (C) were true, H and I would have to be together, and that's not allowed.