Q26

boy5237
Thanks Received: 4
Forum Guests

Q26

by boy5237 Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 pm

I eliminated A, B and D off the bet.

I don't see why C is the better answer than E.

it says "relevant study," so I chose E: it seems like a relevant thing that can aid woman's legal history in medieval era whereas C seemed like a "direct study" not "relevant..."

Please help!!!

bbirdwell
Thanks Received: 864
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q26

by bbirdwell Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 am

I'd first. let's remember that the question is what the author means by "relevant," not what we as readers might think would be relevant. The Reading Comp section requires far less interpretation than most test-takers believe. We can actually find and identify what the author thinks is relevant.

One quick-and-dirty trick of the trade on RC is to remember that the answer to line reference questions like this is most often found above the line mentioned.

The whole first paragraph tells us that our author wants to know how law affected women (15-25). Line 25 is particularly important -- the ONLY way the author's questions can be answered is via large quantitative studies.

This, then, is what our author considers "relevant" -- the only way to answer her questions -- large quantitative studies.

Thus, (C) is our answer.

(E) is out, in addition to the reasons above, because "reviews of existing scholarly literature" can't be much help to our author, because a major part of her argument is that there is no existing scholarly literature... because it's so difficult to do.... which leads us back to (C).
I host free online workshop/Q&A sessions called Zen and the Art of LSAT. You can find upcoming dates here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/zen-and-the-art.cfm