Q23

uhdang
Thanks Received: 25
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Q23

by uhdang Thu May 14, 2015 11:59 pm

This is an inference question and the right answer choice from this question is directly supported by the passage. Incorrect answer choices often states "could be true" answers.

The author explains how the attitude from the English in England started favoring towards Parliament instead of King with seventeenth century as the point of change.

Let's go to the answer choices.

A) Too strong. This might have been true and could have been true, but not supported by the passage explicitly.

B) This is probably the likely reason people started favoring Parliament instead of King, but this is not supported by the passage.

C) Considering the whole third paragraph and the flow of opinion by citizen moving towards Parliament, the power of English Kings is definitely weaker than that in eighteen century. (Correct)

D) We are only given growing authority in legal reform by Parliament. Frequency of the reform by Kings is not provided. Unsupported.

E) This is just nowhere to be found.
"Fun"

krisk743
Thanks Received: 2
Jackie Chiles
Jackie Chiles

Re: Q23

by krisk743 Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:41 pm

I was stuck between C and D. I chose D because I saw "more often" as not exactly frequency, but how "involved" the kings essentially were - or lack there of - and alluded to their loss of power throughout the century.

From C, I hated "considerably greater". I mean I can't find any support that leads me to think it was "CONSIDERABLY" greater. Was it more throughout the years, absolutely. But To the extent of how great I just can't be that confident. What's annoying about answers like this is I know the answer...and these strengthening words that are thrown in there are tough to chose when we've been trained to be VERY skeptical in this kind of strong language in both LR and RC.

Can anyone help me out with this?