Q2

vincentsallan
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Q2

by vincentsallan Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Can someone explain answer (D) for me? I don't why it's (D) even though I got it right. I had a hard time picking between (D) and (A) and just went with (D) on gut.

I think it has to do with ln 4 but 2/3s of the 80 women who wrote memoirs being of the upper class. Is it then based on lines 7-8?

Also on #6, I had a very difficult time choosing between (A), (B) and (E). I found support for all three of them and I couldn't really decide which. Isn't (B) supported by "Are there internal verifications...." (line 28-30)? I don't get why that's more correct than (A) unless (B) makes an unwarranted jump from internal verifications to demonstrable factual accuracies.

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q2

by noah Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:53 pm

The discussion of women memoirists is not applicable to this question. However, the fact that only members of the upper class could write easily (7-8). Thus, (D) is correct.

As for the other answers:

(A) is unsupported. Don't get distracted by the discussion of a few women's memoirs.

(B) is unsupported.

(C) is unsupported - we might know that some were suppressed, but most?

(E) is contradicted.

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:01 pm

BTW, I explained #6 in that thread. We try to keep things tidy in our forums! Please post separate questions next time.

nflamel69
Thanks Received: 16
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

by nflamel69 Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 pm

the question asked about memoirs written by men, but the whole passage is about those written by women, so the place you should be looking for your answers should be in 2st paragraph, where the general characteristics of memoirs are being talked about, thats why D is right.

A is wrong because although 3rd paragrah did mention the study states that womens conform to socially prescribed feminine roles, but the study is about women's memoirs

B & C were wrong because majority of men's memoirs weren't mentioned to be those .

E is wrong because this is highly unlikely since only upper class could write easily.