Q2

cc4me19
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Q2

by cc4me19 Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:05 pm

I am having trouble with the second question. I got all the other questions and the entire game in 4 minutes, but for some reason I need somebody else's eyes to show me. I'm thinkin that if the gymnasts go directly before the veterans than he chunk becomes (fgv) and with the other chunk being (p_ _m) there is no room in the six spot parade for both chunks. I am obviously missing something. Thx for the help.

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: PT43, S4, G1 - There are exactly six groups in this year's

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:29 pm

I put up a slide with a hypothetical that shows how the veterans could show up fourth. I think the problem is that you got tricked into thinking that there has to be exactly two groups between P and M.

Tricky stuff! Keep in mind the difference between "at least" in the first constraint, and "exactly" in the second constraint. This difference is exploited regularly in the Logic Games section.

ping_golfer_23
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q2

by ping_golfer_23 Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 pm

How does "at least two groups march behind P but ahead of M" mean P/M _ _ M/P?

Shouldn't the P have to be the first (in this constraint), then two or more, and then M? How are the M and P interchangeable?

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q2

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 am

You're absolutely right, good catch. Simply an oversight, thanks! I've corrected the slide above to reflect the constraint appropriately notated.