Q18

SchneiderME01
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q18

by SchneiderME01 Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 pm

The Question States "Which of the following could be a complete and accurate list of each of the office buildings that the falafel truck serves"

We know that the Falafel truck serves Y so we can easily eliminate any that don't include Y so A, B, and E are gone

C and D both include Y I choose C because I saw no reason that the falafel truck couldn't be served by Z or X just not both at the same time since we know that the Falafel truck serves two companies and one of the two is Y

So I don't understand why C is wrong. It can't serve all three at the same time but there is no reason why it couldn't serve Y,Z as answer choice D states or serve Y, X but I feel like a complete list of the offices that it could serve needs to include all 3

timmydoeslsat
Thanks Received: 887
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 2 times.

trophy
Most Thanked
trophy
First Responder

Re: Q18

by timmydoeslsat Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:01 am

Very good post.

Here is what is going on here.

This question is asking "What could be a complete and accurate list?

You are used to seeing "What is a complete and accurate list, any one of which could be the office buildings served by the falafel truck?

This question is asking what could be a complete and accurate list.

No way can it serve all three like you said, so this cannot be a complete and accurate list.

If, however, the question asked what is a complete and accurate list, then X, Y, and Z WOULD BE CORRECT.

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3805
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 3 times.

Re: Q18

by ohthatpatrick Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Let me just add one more way of thinking about that distinction (courtesy of Matt Sherman):

"What could be a complete and accurate list of ...?"

'could be' comes before 'complete & accurate' = they're asking you about 1 scenario

vs.

"What is a complete and accurate list of who could be ..."

'complete & accurate' comes before 'could be' = they're asking you about ALL possible scenarios