Q17

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Q17

by noah Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm

17. This is a quickie if you don't dive into testing answers. Which city could be this ultra-popular city? It can't be H, M or T because of inferences made at the top of the game. And it can't be P because if P connects with T it cannot connect with V (original constraint), so it must be V. Look for an answer choice that lists V connecting with a city. . . (C)

tzyc
Thanks Received: 0
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

trophy
Most Thankful

Re: Q17

by tzyc Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Does the question mean "if four of them are each connected with the remaing city then what must be true"?
If four of them are connected to the fifth one, I think the only possibility is V is connected by the other four, which mean (C) is correct.
So I thought we do not have to think about P...
Did I missunderstand the question?
Last edited by tzyc on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Maybe I'm missing what you mean, but I think we're saying the same thing. I explained why it can't be the other cities (including P) in case people didn't get why. We good?

tzyc
Thanks Received: 0
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

trophy
Most Thankful

by tzyc Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 am

Oh, OK...thanks.
I wanted to double check whether I understood what the question is asking.
Since from the first diagram only V has all 4 slots vacant (the other 4 has at least one / on the top...)=only V has the possibility to be connected to the other 4, I did not think about the detailed things you mentioned on your first post above and just chose (C), but was not sure whether my way of thinking is correct or not...but I guess it's fine right?
I just wanted to fix my idea if I missed something.

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:42 am

You've got it!

Carlystern
Thanks Received: 1
Jackie Chiles
Jackie Chiles

by Carlystern Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Will someone please explain what this question is specifically asking?

First of all, it isn't even grammatically correct so I'm lost. And what remaining city is this question asking about? It's as if it interjected me into a conversation that I wasn't in the room for.

Help. Did well on every question, but this one because I don't understand it!

noah
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Carlystern Wrote:Will someone please explain what this question is specifically asking?

First of all, it isn't even grammatically correct so I'm lost. And what remaining city is this question asking about? It's as if it interjected me into a conversation that I wasn't in the room for.

Help. Did well on every question, but this one because I don't understand it!

I like your analogy about being interjected into the conversation. I usually feel that only with LR, but I can see how this question might throw you for a loop.

In short, this question is asking for a pair of cities that will have to be connected in any scenario in which one city is connected to four others.

That make more sense?