Q17

nanagyanewa
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Q17

by nanagyanewa Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 pm

hello, this is my first time of posting but i've reading the posts for a while and i must say they are really helpful. i really do not understand the wording on number 17. can someone please help me out? Thanks

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: S4, G3 Exactly seven different trains

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Really good question! Leave to the LSAT to find a way of saying something simple in a way that no one can understand...

One train arrives after the Wooster but before the York. There's only one train that could possibly do that - S!

WSY are for this question consecutive and in this order.

And we could infer depending on whether W or Y was in the fourth positions to the following frames.

(A) could not be true. S must be either 3rd or else 5th.
(B) could not be true. Q or Y must be the 6th train to arrive.
(C) could not be true. In the top frame S is 3rd, and in the bottom frame, if R was 3rd, then either T or else V would precede R - violating the 4th constraint.
(D) could not be true. S must be either 3rd or else 5th.
(E) could be true in the bottom frame.

Does this help clear things up Priscilla? Btw, it was good talking with you the other day. I hope your prep is going well!
Attachments
PT34, S4, G3, Q17 - Seven Different Trains - ManhattanLSAT.pdf
(38.1 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

nanagyanewa
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Re: S4, G3 Exactly seven different trains

by nanagyanewa Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks very much, Matt! That makes a lot of sense now. And thanks once again for the help with the assumption questions on the LR. That really helped. And this forum is amazing. You guys rock!