Q16

giladedelman
Thanks Received: 833
LSAT Geek

Q16

by giladedelman Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm

norginz Wrote:Hi,

Can you explain to me why q16 is D and why q20 is C? Thanks.

Jason

giladedelman
Thanks Received: 833
LSAT Geek

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: PT 31, S4, Q16 - The passage suggests that Haraway would

by giladedelman Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks for posting!

(D) is correct because of the last sentence in paragraph one:

"Primatology is a particularly apt vehicle for such themes because primates seem so much like ourselves that they provide ready material for scientists' conscious and unconscious projections of their beliefs about nature and culture."

In other words, primatologists are especially likely, more likely than other scientists, to project their own notions onto the subjects they're studying, because of the similarities between primates and humans.

Does that clear this one up for you?

norginz
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

Re: PT 31, S4, Q16 - The passage suggests that Haraway would

by norginz Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:59 am

Yes thank you

wgutx08
Thanks Received: 8
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q16

by wgutx08 Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:06 pm

I understand that D comes from L7-11, but I thought this is a comment from the author, instead of from Haraway? And the Q is asking with which AC Haraway would agree?

...Maybe Haraway just happened to come from a Primatology background so she wrote this book from the Primatology point of view? Maybe she never thought about all the stuff being said in L7-11?

Geeks please help.... thanks in advance!!

ttunden
Thanks Received: 0
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ttunden Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:43 pm

wgutx08 Wrote:I understand that D comes from L7-11, but I thought this is a comment from the author, instead of from Haraway? And the Q is asking with which AC Haraway would agree?

...Maybe Haraway just happened to come from a Primatology background so she wrote this book from the Primatology point of view? Maybe she never thought about all the stuff being said in L7-11?

Geeks please help.... thanks in advance!!

I agree that this is the authors view, but we know for sure that Haraway does not disagree with L7-11. Line 7 the author alludes to primates being the vehicle for SUCH themes. The "such" referring to lines 1-6.

this is a soft must be true or inference question so work wrong to right.

We can eliminate:

A- no support for similar observations in the passage and nothing about properly trained in field techniques

B - no comparison made and nothing discussed about primatologists nor other behavorists

C- nothing about accurate and sensitive observations. Not only that I would surmise that Haraway is against what the scientists are doing so I don't think Haraway would agree with answer choice C, regarding accuracy.

E - nothing about passive or active so eliminate.

pm if you you need any help

hnadgauda
Thanks Received: 12
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

by hnadgauda Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 pm

I ultimately worked wrong to right for this question too. Is there an explanation for why Haraway would agree with D other than all the answers besides D are not great?