Obligation to redress we've done to wildlife:
Alexander: Strong obligation
Teresa: N/A

Cost of covering chemical waste dump site into woodland:
Alexander: Expensive
Teresa: N/A

When chemical waste dump should be cleaned:
Alexander: Immediately
Teresa: Only if it posses health hazards to our population.

Priority of the health of the people:
Alexander: N/A
Teresa: First priority

The only point of overlap seems to be under what circumstances chemical waste dump should be cleaned, the correct answer choice will invariably address this disagreement.

(A) This is unique to Alexander's argument and thus is not the point of issue, eliminate.
(B) This is unique to Alexander's argument, (that covering chemical waste dump site into woodland would be expensive)
(C) Neither discusses consulting the public. Teresa discusses the public in his premises insofar as their health is the town's top priority, this seems to misrepresent this contention, eliminate.
(D) Bingo. Alexander contends that the town should get rid of the dump site no matter what, however Teresa argues that it should do so only if the public health is in danger. If the public's health was in no danger, Teresa would obviously refuse but Alexander would say yes because it is important for us to redress the harm we've done to wildlife and woodland.
(E) Neither discusses destroying forests, they discuss under what conditions it is appropriate to destroy the dump site. eliminate.
Last edited by roflcoptersoisoi on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maryadkins
Thanks Received: 640
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Q13 - The chemical waste dump outside our town

by maryadkins Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:49 pm

I appreciate this explanation a lot! I think it may focus too much on timing, however. I don't think Teresa's point is about the timing of when the dump should be cleaned up, but if it should be at all. (D) captures this.

Otherwise, good explanation! Thank you!

roflcoptersoisoi
Thanks Received: 0
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q13 - The chemical waste dump outside our town

by roflcoptersoisoi Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:47 pm

maryadkins Wrote:I appreciate this explanation a lot! I think it may focus too much on timing, however. I don't think Teresa's point is about the timing of when the dump should be cleaned up, but if it should be at all. (D) captures this.

Otherwise, good explanation! Thank you!

Just to clarify, when I said that they disagreed over "when they the dump sit should be cleaned", I meant to convey that the disagreement pertained to the circumstances under which they should do so, not necessarily the juncture, i've changed my post to make this more clear. Thanks for the insight.