Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

trophy
Most Thanked
trophy
First Responder

Re: Q13

by timmydoeslsat Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:03 pm

hilarykustoff Wrote:Why can't the answer be C?

This answer choice does not have 1 of U and G. This means that both U and G are on the incentives. And our rule states that U and G are never on the same committee.

hilarykustoff
Thanks Received: 0
Jackie Chiles
Jackie Chiles

by hilarykustoff Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks!

JorgeL203
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by JorgeL203 Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:07 am

What is the process for a "complete and accurate list" question for In/Out games? Do we go rule by rule like we normally do? Is there a quick and easy way to use our Logic Chain to answer this question fast? I am trying to get faster at In/Out games and caught myself spending more time than I wanted on this question.

Misti Duvall
Thanks Received: 13
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by Misti Duvall Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:27 pm

JorgeL203 Wrote:What is the process for a "complete and accurate list" question for In/Out games? Do we go rule by rule like we normally do? Is there a quick and easy way to use our Logic Chain to answer this question fast? I am trying to get faster at In/Out games and caught myself spending more time than I wanted on this question.

Yes, you'd still want to go rule by rule to eliminate. You MIGHT be able to use inferences if you have some solid ones, but rule by rule has the advantage of double checking each rule and I think will be faster and easier than trying to go through the logic chain.

That said, the two biconditional rules can be helpful here. Since W and Z can't be on the same committee and U and G can't be on the same committee, that means that each committee must have W/Z and U/G, which makes eliminating (C) easier.

Hope this helps.
LSAT Instructor | Manhattan Prep