Q12

ohsobecca
Thanks Received: 2
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q12

by ohsobecca Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:06 pm

I just read through the Lessing/forgery passage again but still had some difficulty answering this question. Can someone give me a line reference for 12?

ohsobecca
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: PT 61 S3 Q12 The passage most strongly supports

by ohsobecca Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Wait...I think I fundamentally misunderstood what they were talking about. Since they say "The Disciples of Emmaus--painted under the forged signature of Vermeer..." and then discuss using Vermeer's techniques in the other paragraphs...are we to conclude that this wasn't a copy of one of Vermeer's paintings at all? Instead, it was a painting that the forger had just done to LOOK like Vermeer would have done? Dang. Okay, is that right? Because then I get #12.

katie1
Forum Guests

by katie1 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm

That is how I interpreted the passage - that that Vermeer never painted anything by that name.

farhadshekib
Thanks Received: 45
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

trophy
Most Thanked

by farhadshekib Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:26 pm

ohsobecca Wrote:Wait...I think I fundamentally misunderstood what they were talking about. Since they say "The Disciples of Emmaus--painted under the forged signature of Vermeer..." and then discuss using Vermeer's techniques in the other paragraphs...are we to conclude that this wasn't a copy of one of Vermeer's paintings at all? Instead, it was a painting that the forger had just done to LOOK like Vermeer would have done? Dang. Okay, is that right? Because then I get #12.

Exactly.