Q12

cook5520
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: PT 42 S1 G2 - A loading dock consists of exactly six bays

by cook5520 Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 pm

aileenann Wrote:For good measure, I am attaching a diagram in pdf form in case anyone wants to print it out :)

Any other questions on this game?

One question. I was moving through this game pretty well but I missed #12. I said E should be the answer. If Produce is in Bay 4, it seems to me that M will have to be in Bay 2 and Textiles in Bay 3. Therefore all 6 Bays are set, but the answer is supposed to be C, only 4 Bays are determined. Can you help pls? Thanks in advance.

aileenann
Thanks Received: 227
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Q12

by aileenann Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:08 am

Sure thing!

So question 12 tells us that Bay 4 is holding produce. Since everything but the P/T ordering and M the floater is fixed, that means my order must have T before P, as well as F and M before P - that's the only way to get P 4th. So I know that my ordering is:
M/F T P L G
1 2 3 4 5 6

So basically my only uncertainty is whether M or F comes first - since M is a floater it could go either way. So that means the positions of T, P, L, and G are completely determined, whereas the positions of M and F are not completely determined. So that's 4 that are completely determined. That's how we get to that answer.

Hope this helps :)