Q11

CharlesT757
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q11

by CharlesT757 Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:54 am

I had a tough time with this one. In the last paragraph, the second to last sentence states "eye closure by itself produces similar/equivalent recall improvements BY ITSELF compared to the cognitive process." How is (B) analogous?

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 94
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q11

by Laura Damone Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi! Sorry for the delay here. Technical difficulties!

I think what might be lacking in your analysis is the fact that eye closure is part of cognitive interview. So, the sentence you sited really tells us that doing just this one part of cognitive interview is just as effective as doing the whole thing.

B reflects that pretty well, saying that less fat + more fiber gives benefits, but more fiber alone gives equivalent benefits.

Hope this helps!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep

EllieS892
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q11

by EllieS892 Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:36 pm

I chose E in part because I think I glossed over the line that says the witness recall (outcome/benefit) is equivalent, but more so because my overall takeaway was that eye-closure is ideal/preferable for all of the other reasons discussed (eg. less training, fewer errors, etc). So when I was looking for answers, I was looking for one with a superior and inferior option because I guess I was thinking more comprehensively.

So…
Question: is the key with matching the passage to answer choice B to just focus on the witness recall/health benefits and how those are equivalent between the combo and solo options? And ignore the comprehensive preferability of the solo eye-closure option?

Upon further re-reading of E I see that even with this apparently incorrect interpretation, E has it backwards. So I shouldn’t have chosen it anyway...

But I’ll post this question anyway because I’m still curious about whether to focus on just the one aspect of equivalence vs. the overall preferability of one option.

Thanks!