Q10

hanhansummer
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q10

by hanhansummer Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:28 am

This game drives me mad. I am unsatisfied with all the choices in #8 #10 and #11. :oops:

In this question, I tried to draw as many possibilities as I could, and when I looked at the choices, I got really confused.

B is wrong to me because I draw the following order:

PORSVRT (V and T can change position)

Can someone help me out?

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3807
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q10

by ohthatpatrick Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Yeah, you're breaking rule 1 again.

You must have misinterpreted what it's saying. You will always have a P on one end and an R on the other.

If S is in 4, that doesn't seem to tell us much, since it's a floater. I would probably just bust out a possible scenario and see how many answers I can get rid of.

Totally arbitrarily, let's try
P V R S T O R

(as I tried to write an arbitrary scenario, I started with P O _ S, and I struggled to figure out how to keep TV separate while spacing out the R's, so I just observed that maybe we HAVE to use PV)

What can we eliminate from our one random scenario?
(C) and (E) are gone.

What can we change in our random scenario?

We could switch T and O.
P V R S O T R

That gets rid of (A) and (D).

So (B) is our answer.

Takeaway:
Try to write a scenario, even if it's arbitrary. It'll potentially kill off some answers, and it MIGHT even alert you to the hidden friction that the correct answer is testing.

hanhansummer
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q10

by hanhansummer Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:10 am

ohthatpatrick Wrote:Yeah, you're breaking rule 1 again.

You must have misinterpreted what it's saying. You will always have a P on one end and an R on the other.

If S is in 4, that doesn't seem to tell us much, since it's a floater. I would probably just bust out a possible scenario and see how many answers I can get rid of.

Totally arbitrarily, let's try
P V R S T O R

(as I tried to write an arbitrary scenario, I started with P O _ S, and I struggled to figure out how to keep TV separate while spacing out the R's, so I just observed that maybe we HAVE to use PV)

What can we eliminate from our one random scenario?
(C) and (E) are gone.

What can we change in our random scenario?

We could switch T and O.
P V R S O T R

That gets rid of (A) and (D).

So (B) is our answer.

Takeaway:
Try to write a scenario, even if it's arbitrary. It'll potentially kill off some answers, and it MIGHT even alert you to the hidden friction that the correct answer is testing.

Oh, I misread Rule 1. I read the "restaurants" as "businesses". (It is the first time in these three months that I misread a condition T-T)

You are right. Thanks so much! :)