skapur777
Thanks Received: 6
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Pretty embarassing LG question

by skapur777 Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

LG is probably my strongest section, and I usually finish with a comfortable amount of time.

My biggest time-waster however is when games have up to, say, 7 numbers on a number line, such as in PT61, S3, G4.

When you MLSATers writer the number line next to a particular problem to do some specific non-master diagram work, do you also number the lines like you did in the master diagram? I find that I have to just in case I don't miscount! And also, the lines are usually really long if you keep them in one continuous line. Do you diagram it like this (next to a specific problem, so not in the space below where the master diagram is):

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

orrrr like this:

_ _ _ _
_ _ _

Where the last 3 dashes would be 5, 6, and 7 respectively. This is a pretty stupid question probably but it is really the biggest bother for me...most likely because my handwriting isn't the greatest when I'm doing time trials, trying to get -0's in 35 minutes!

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Pretty embarassing LG question

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Sat May 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Just remember that you "can," but don't need to put the hypotheticals next to the conditional questions. I'll let someone else comment on whether they separate the lines for the hypotheticals if they do put their hypotheticals next to the respective questions.

Personally, I keep all my work at the bottom of the page in the open area. It's much easier for me to keep track of down there! I simply create a new row for each hypothetical and stack them on top of each other - and no need to keep writing numbers under each line.

So mine would look like...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hope that helps!