Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

stephanieslim
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Practice test timeline

by stephanieslim Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm taking the 12-week course (Section A) right now, and we're 2 weeks in. What is a strategic timeline by which to schedule taking the practice tests? Are there certain points in the curriculum where we are expected to be proficient enough with a skill set that testing will serve best as a diagnostic? Or could I go all out and take them as often as feasible, risking the possibility of burning out?

Thanks,
-Stephanie

bbirdwell
Thanks Received: 864
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Practice test timeline

by bbirdwell Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:58 pm

The syllabus says to take PTs for weeks 1, 4, 8, and 10, and then more as needed after the course.

If you have the time, which means you are not sacrificing fundamental practice time, you're welcome to take a PT in other weeks. Just consider how much time there is between the end of your course and the test, make sure you have some tests to use then.
I host free online workshop/Q&A sessions called Zen and the Art of LSAT. You can find upcoming dates here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/zen-and-the-art.cfm

media2law
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by media2law Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Should the practice tests be timed? I took a practice this weekend (50) and did worse than the diagnostic by a few points. :x

I've heard others say not to take practice tests timed early in your LSAT prep until you master the way to solve all the question types. :?

Which is better?

man4pak007
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by man4pak007 Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:46 am

So I'm freaking out a lot because I just took my second diagnostic exam and did not improve very much from my first exam - ended up with a 152 and started with a 150. I've been busting my butt since the class started 3 weeks ago and doing all the homework offered and more, so I really thought I would do much better. Is this normal? I heard most people improve drastically at the beginning. I really felt like I was grasping the homework and getting the hang of the LSAT, but I was sadly mistaken. Where do I go from here?
Are you worried about to learn in spanish dumps exam & 1z0-051 preparation? We offer up-to-dated englishlanguage practice questions and eli dumps with 100% exam pass guarantee of mcts training.

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by tommywallach Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Very few people see DRASTIC improvement in 3 weeks. I wouldn't worry. (Also, in answer to the old question, I'm of the opinion that you should ALWAYS take tests timed. If you want to do individual questions untimed, while practicing, that's a separate issue. But tests? I say go timed.)

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com