Questions about or errata from our 5lb. Book of LSAT Practice Drills.

RogerD345
Thanks Received: 4
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

Possible error reporting regarding drill 12.

by RogerD345 Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Q. 15. The first sentence, "the Olympic Games frequently......and spectators." I think it is more of premise than unnecessary background which establishes some validity to conclusion.

q.16. second sentence, "these psychologists clam ..... Problem in society". It is more of OP, opposing point, rather than BG, that provides some relevance to MC and IC.

IC, is "the psychiatrist position is valid."

MC is "internet addition disorder should not be ........done to define what it is."

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 93
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Possible error reporting regarding drill 12.

by Laura Damone Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Regarding 15: The conclusion of this argument is Karate is long overdue for inclusion in the Olympics. The evidence? Karate is the most popular martial art - more popular than two others that are currently included. The fact that the Olympics frequently add new sports doesn't support the claim that Karate is long overdue for inclusion.

Consider this analogy: Stanford's medical school frequently accepts new students. In fact, they do so every year. Does that provide evidence that they should accept me as a student? No way.

Regarding 16: The first two sentences have been redacted because they constitute an opposing point. I would call sentence one the opposing point and sentence two its counter-evidence. The explanation doesn't categorize this as background info, so I'm not totally sure where you take issue with this one. Your assessment of the IC and MC are spot on!
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep