Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

letsgocomeon
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Please advise me on how to improve to 'nearly' perfection

by letsgocomeon Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:20 am

Hello,

Im an international student preparing for the June LSAT. I started my LSAT study on October last year and I would be delighted if I could be provided some advice on my study progress

[Here is What I DID]------------------------------------

- Solved PTs from 1 - 40 (timed, untimed; unfortunately because a lot of questions I saw in workbooks and bibles, I regarded the scores not that accurate)

-Reviewed numerous times from 1- 40 (sorting by types and from different angles)

[Current Status]----------------------------------------
LR: per section, I normally get about 3-4 wrong; with analysis, I figured I dont particularly miss questions on a speific type but make silly mistakes a lot

RC: normally averaing about 5-7 questions wrong

GM: 0-2 questions wrong; feel generally comfortable with games
-----------------------------------------------------------

[My Plan]

Well, it's obvious I plan to review the things I'm doing and make progress in my timed PTs until the 70s as I approach the Real Test.

Beforehand, I always thank manhattan lsat for providing useful advices and thoughts. My main questions are:

Q1. I regard making mistakes also a part of own's ability. But I realize I make silly mistakes (such as LR: reading a question incorrectly; missing a sentence or phrase in the stimulus) too many. Are there any advice on this?

Q2. My goal is to get the highest score possible and I believe I have a lot of room for improvement. I would like some general advice on how students normally jumped from late 160s to mid 170s or beyond.

Again, thank you always for the wonderful forum going on.

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Please advise me on how to improve to 'nearly' perfection

by tommywallach Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Hey Letsgo,

Just wanted to let you know (so you don't end up waiting) that we experts can't answer general study questions such as this one for folks who aren't actually our students. But hopefully other students in the forum will weigh in to help you out. Good luck!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com