Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

JuliaS23
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Online Ebooks

by JuliaS23 Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:51 pm

I just signed up for the Manhattan Prep, and as I scroll through the materials that are immediately available online I am wondering if the online Ebooks the same as the Strategy guides?

If not, should I prep with the Ebooks prior to my course starting Aug. 28th or just prep with the syllabus to try and go through everything once before the class starts? I have about a month and can put in 20-25 hours prior to the course starting, but what to use my time most effectively.

Thanks so much for any suggestions here!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3804
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Online Ebooks

by ohthatpatrick Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Hey, Julia.

Yes, the eBooks should just be referring to the strategy guides.

If I were you I would either take a first pass through all three strategy guides (you might consider skipping some of the drills along the way) or take a pass through the Interact lessons online.

It's hard for the strategy guides to really sink in on the first go-through, so you don't need to feel like you're exhaustively understanding everything as you go. You'd be doing it more as a "get my feet wet / first exposure" type thing. If you read the books ... try a lot of actual problems ... then re-read the books later, you usually get more out of them.

Interact lessons are much more engaging than the books, particularly when you're studying on your own, so check one of those out right away. If you like the format, you can start assigning yourself one or two "episodes" a day, and you might find it easier to stay with that regimen.

Same philosophy: you don't need to feel like you've mastered a lesson just because you've watched a lesson (no one could master this material that quickly). You're just looking to gain familiarity and exposure so that you're not starting from scratch in late August.

Hope this helps.

JuliaS23
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Online Ebooks

by JuliaS23 Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes this helps a lot. You are right the interact videos are a bit easier to stay motivated with for self-prep so I think I will start with those. Thank you so much!