shirando21
Thanks Received: 16
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

October or December?

by shirando21 Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:17 pm

A law school student told me that generally speaking there are fewer people writing the December test, so usually December tests are easier to score.

Do you think so?

I wrote TOEFL before, I do find writing the test when the application deadline has passed easier. for example, I wrote the TOEFL in June, most people apply for the same year entrance have already taken the test, but not many people have started if they apply for the next year.

So I am wondering if this would be true, since LSAT is also a standard test.

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: October or December?

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 am

Interesting question and one that's not all to unfamiliar. It is true that fewer people on aver take the December LSAT than the October LSAT. The breakdown runs on average:

June: 25,000
October: 55,000
December: 45,000
February: 25,000

However, while there are fewer people taking the December LSAT, you won't find it any easier. The LSAT is a curved test - though not exactly. It is true that you are competing against your fellow test takers, but the LSAC runs things out over a 3-year running average in order to eliminate any advantage one might get from competing against a weaker testing population.

Finally, if you look at the average scores on LSATs (50th percentile, 151 LSAT score) you will find fluctuations in the raw score that equates to that LSAT score. However, you will not find a trend that indicates an easier test period form which to gain any sort of advantage.

Good luck!

shirando21
Thanks Received: 16
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: October or December?

by shirando21 Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks a lot Matt for the great information of the breakdown test taker numbers.