So, how did it go?

Reasonable_Logic_85
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

November 2018 LSAT / Retake

by Reasonable_Logic_85 Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:52 am

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting here. I took the LSAT in the summer and got a 162 and signed up again in November for a shot at that coveted 170. I don't think it happened because of test anxiety (I was ranging 166-170 on practice tests at home- and I noticed my scores were directly linked to my stress level) but I just wanted to thank everyone in this forum who's been posting, as it has greatly widened my scope of understanding on Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension questions. Special thanks to PATRICK for always providing clear and comprehensive explanations which related the specific question task to general strategy. Very helpful :D

My word of advice would be to make sure you understand EVERY question. This was my mistake when I studied the first time around. I relied on my natural argumentative abilities and intuition on LR and RC and just brushed off questions that I was getting wrong. This time, I made sure to read explanations for every single wrong answer and it really helped on future PTs.

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3804
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: November 2018 LSAT / Retake

by ohthatpatrick Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Woohoo! Thanks for the shout-out. Glad it was helpful.

It was really helpful to me to hear your takeaway about what mental switch it took for you to feel like you could improve from your natural, or plateaued, ability level (don't resort to old habits just cuz you're getting most of them right / change your habits based on the ones you're still getting wrong).

Sorry to hear Nov was stressful, but maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. Either way, it sounds like you've put in a lot of work, and I hope at Thanksgiving dinner in a couple days you have a moment when you (if not your family) can at least be proud of and thankful for that.

Good luck with the road ahead.