Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

natalie.seni
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

New to MLSAT & the LSAT!

by natalie.seni Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi!

I'm new to MLSAT and I just enrolled in my first LSAT prep course starting in July! I was just wondering... since I have about a month to start prepping, what's the best way to prepare for the course? I was thinking of watching some of the recorded online sessions and beginning to prepare/do some of the homework assigned. Is this recommended? Because this is my first time prepping/taking the exam, I'm kind of overwhelmed with where I should actually start!

Thanks in advance!

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: New to MLSAT & the LSAT!

by tommywallach Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Hey Natalie,

You know, the class really is built to take people through the whole process. So if you have extra time, you're welcome to start going through the curriculum. You might feel some amount of duplication, once class-time rolls around, but there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, many students find that going through the books twice is helpful anyway! (Just make sure you take your notes outside of the books themselves).

You can also make sure you're practicing tough reading on your own, so pick up a book that's a real challenge (or many books), and try to spend 30 minutes or an hour every day reading stuff that is tough for you.

It's also worth taking a first practice test (though I wouldn't worry about taking lots of them), if you haven't done so already.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com