Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

shiv.tomer1
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

LSAT Prep Interact Videos Question

by shiv.tomer1 Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:41 am

Hello,

I was considering prep courses to commence my LSAT prep. I watched the sample Interact video and loved it. I also read that interact has 60+ hours of interactive videos. However, before purchasing that option, I had a few questions:

1. How different is the interact option from the online option (online classes). Do we learn the exact same things or does interact method skip some of the things that online lessons teach. Basically, am I going to missing out on anything that online method teaches but interact does not.

2. Do online and interact have identical syllabus (example, homework, readings, etc).

3. How long does each of the 12 sessions take to complete?

4. How involved are the books when going through the interact course?

I would appreciate any replies. Thanks for your time and hope you have a great weekend.

steves
Thanks Received: 1
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: LSAT Prep Interact Videos Question

by steves Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:37 pm

shiv.tomer1 Wrote:Hello,

I was considering prep courses to commence my LSAT prep. I watched the sample Interact video and loved it. I also read that interact has 60+ hours of interactive videos. However, before purchasing that option, I had a few questions:

1. How different is the interact option from the online option (online classes). Do we learn the exact same things or does interact method skip some of the things that online lessons teach. Basically, am I going to missing out on anything that online method teaches but interact does not.

2. Do online and interact have identical syllabus (example, homework, readings, etc).

3. How long does each of the 12 sessions take to complete?

4. How involved are the books when going through the interact course?

I would appreciate any replies. Thanks for your time and hope you have a great weekend.

Hi Shiv - I'll give you my 2 cents as an Interact student, and hopefully one of the instructor will follow-up to fill any holes. I've replied with quotes only so I can see your questions as I type.

1 & 2. My impressions is that they are very similar if not identical. Interact also includes access to videos of actual live classes. Those classes are also arranged by the 12 sessions. While content may be identical, I would imagine that there could still be slight variations in the way that individual instructors may cover or approach an identical subject--perhaps depending on questions asked during a lesson.

3. Most interact sessions include 1-2 sub-sessions for each topic area (LR, LG, RC). The syllabus includes estimated times that are relatively accurate. There can be differences depending on hard or easy a topic is for an individual student. LG lessons always took me longer. Overall it would take me 3-5 hours to get through the Interact portion of each lesson (not including homework). More towards the earlier lessons than the later lessons.

4. Books are included and are heavily used for the homework. For early lessons, it was not unusual for it to take 8-10 hours to get through homework. The syllabus gives options to prioritize what homework elements are the most important in case you don't have time for everything.

5. (I know you don't have 5!) One big potential advantage of Interact is the flexibility to complete the course on your schedule. If at all possible, I recommend completing lesson 12 several weeks prior to the exam. That will give you several weeks to focus your study on practice tests--to reinforce what you learned in the lessons. Of course, a lot of the decision process depends on your own preferences. For some--having a live instructor--either in the room or on-line--might be very helpful.

Good luck!

maryadkins
Thanks Received: 640
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by maryadkins Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:28 pm

We need to hire steves! Great answers all around, steves, thanks!

shiv.tomer1, please let us know if you have more questions, or give our office a call and we'd be glad to talk you through pros and cons.

shiv.tomer1
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by shiv.tomer1 Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Awesome!! Thanks Steves. I think I'm going to purchase the program afterall. Your answer gave me the confidence that MLSAT Interact Program is the right way to start my prep. Thanks again for your answer.