indyyork
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Logic Games & Orientation questions

by indyyork Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:10 pm

I have these logic games I want to understand the logic, and be able to solve these problems effectively, can you help me out?

Can you help with PT 43, S4, G2 Q6
PT 42, S1, G2 Q8
PT 45, S3, G1 Q2
PT 38, S2, G2 Q12

Orientation problems should the easy ones, but I found myself spending too much time when they have two or more variables together and they seem too confusing to keep track..

giladedelman
Thanks Received: 833
LSAT Geek

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Logic Games & Orientation questions

by giladedelman Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks for using the forum!

For your specific questions, could you please post them under the games to which they belong? That will make it a lot more useful for other people who come here looking for explanations.

As for your point about orientation questions:

Only the first one in your list is an orientation question. But it's actually a fake orientation question, because it doesn't give us full scenarios; it only gives us three of the six members. So in this case, our normal strategy of applying each constraint to the answer choices doesn't work, because the answers don't obviously break the rules.

When you get into this situation, don't panic. Rather, just dive right in and start sketching out each answer choice. Yes, that will take a little longer than a typical orientation question, but this isn't a typical orientation question, and we have no choice! So instead of feeling frustrated, just try each answer out: you will quickly see why four of them don't work.

indyyork
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Logic Games & Orientation questions

by indyyork Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:10 am

giladedelman Wrote:Thanks for using the forum!

For your specific questions, could you please post them under the games to which they belong? That will make it a lot more useful for other people who come here looking for explanations.

As for your point about orientation questions:

Only the first one in your list is an orientation question. But it's actually a fake orientation question, because it doesn't give us full scenarios; it only gives us three of the six members. So in this case, our normal strategy of applying each constraint to the answer choices doesn't work, because the answers don't obviously break the rules.

When you get into this situation, don't panic. Rather, just dive right in and start sketching out each answer choice. Yes, that will take a little longer than a typical orientation question, but this isn't a typical orientation question, and we have no choice! So instead of feeling frustrated, just try each answer out: you will quickly see why four of them don't work.