b91302310
Thanks Received: 13
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Logic game practice strategy

by b91302310 Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:57 am

For the relatively new LGs, there are nearly 30PTs (PT32-PT60 or 61) to practice. So, is it wise to use the old PTs for practice purpose? Or, is it more efficient to re-do and review those new LGs instead of practicing old ones?

Here are both advantage and disadvantage of using the old LGs for practice.

Advantage: 1) Save the latest PTs for practice before the real test day.
2) Use fresh games may accurately test and assess the progress of LG skills.

Disadvantage:1) May not precisely reflect the test result due to some outdated LGs.
2) Of less help in being accustomed to new LGs (after Oct.2000)
3) Of less time in redoing new LGs.

So, in brief, here are two practice strategies:

1) Doing PTs only after Oct. 2000 (PT32) or start from PT25 and redoing those for several times (3~4 times).
2) Doing different PTs as much as possible regardless of old or new ones, which means that each game might be reviewed only once or twice.

To use time wisely,could anyone suggest how you will choose?

Also, to save the latest PTs for simulation, is it true that we cannot select only the LG section for ordinary practice purpose?

Thanks a lot!

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Logic game practice strategy

by noah Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Yes, some older LGs are tougher - more roguish - but are helpful for increasing your flexibility. Overall, I don't think there's a BEST strategy when it comes to this, so don't worry too much.

But, since you asked, here's what I would recommend:

1. Going towards the test, practice on some fresh recent ones. With time to review and replay as necessary.

2. If you have more time, mix in some old PTs, and if a game destroys you from the pre-2000 era, go ahead and master it by replaying at various times. If a game is easy and you play it masterfully, no need to re-play it more than once.

3. If you need specific help with LG, stripping out some games from older PTs is fine - just do them timed (full 35 minute sections).

I'm nervous because my response is so sparse, but I think it's enough! Tell me if not...