Ask us anything about our curriculum (that doesn't come from one of our books below).

DavidS674
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

List of Question Types

by DavidS674 Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:52 pm

I'm restarting my LSAT studying after taking a break for a year (got busy with school & work). It's all coming back very quickly but one challenge is remembering all the things I have to relearn. I was hoping there might be a list of question types according to how Manhattan Prep categorizes them (3D ordering, mixed grouping, etc). Particularly for LG and LR, this would be very helpful. Does such an overall list exist?

Annie Levin
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: List of Question Types

by Annie Levin Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:13 pm

There are a couple of places you can look to get reoriented to LR question types and LG game types:

First, check out the Table of Contents of the Logical Reasoning and Logic Games books, as well as the first few pages of each chapter. This should give you a fairly comprehensive list of question and game types. The other place to look is the 5lb Book of LSAT Practice Drills, in particular drills that focus on identifying question types and game types. For LR, check out the "Stem the Tide" drills (Drills 34, 37, 39 and 170), and for LG check out Drills 16, 109, 110, 131 and 140.

Making your own list/outline of question and game types, along with the characteristics and patterns associated with each type, is a useful study strategy! Keep updating it as you deepen your understanding of each question/game type.

jonned962
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by jonned962 Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:16 am

Thanks, Annie, I am new here and learning a lot from this community,

jasonm868
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by jasonm868 Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:58 am

Creating a comprehensive list or outline of question and game types, along with their characteristics and patterns, can indeed be an effective study strategy for LSAT takers. It helps in organizing your approach to different question types and games, allowing you to develop targeted strategies and improve your performance in each area. Additionally, the books and drills you mentioned can provide valuable practice and reinforcement for LSAT concepts. Best of luckFor further information, click here)[/size]