Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

Daniellefreedman2
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Law school lsat addendum

by Daniellefreedman2 Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 am

I am debating submitting an low lsat addendum and would like some advice on what to do. My pre law advisor at my school said I should but I'm just not sure. This is the statement I wanted to send along with proof of these scores. I took the December test so I am not 100% sure of my score but I usually score around 159-161. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

I believe my LSAT score is a poor predictor of my future promise at law school. Instead, I believe my academic record is a much better indicator of my abilities to succeed. My undergraduate university application is an example of why standardized test scores are not a reliable indicator of my abilities. When applying to UCSB, I was at the top of my high school class with a GPA of 4.4. My SAT score for 2009, on the other hand was an 1820, which is in the 83rd percentile. This shows that my SAT score seriously under predicted my performance at UCSB. Upon graduation, I ranked in the top 6% of my class with an overall GPA of 3.87, completed two majors and the honors program, financially supported myself both at UCSB and during my study abroad, and held several jobs and leadership positions during my four years.

ann
Thanks Received: 6
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Law school lsat addendum

by ann Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:47 pm

First, go Gauchos! (I live in Santa Barbara).

Second, Your SAT score was in the 83rd percentile for all test takers, but what about for UCSB? Was it lower by UCSB standards? If so, you may have a point to make here.
Ann K. Levine, Esq.
Law School Admission Consultant
LawSchoolExpert.com
"Law School Admission Game" (2013)

Friend of all ManhattanLSAT people because they ROCK!