Whatever doesn't fit above.

bens949
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

I got a warning on my Lsat, how will it affect me?

by bens949 Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:25 pm

So when I was writing the Lsat I had issues opening the packet ( breaking the seal) I asked a Procter to do so for me. She then opens the booklet and takes out the answer sheet. She proceeds to direct me to fill out the basic information on the sheet. A few minutes go by and another Procter issues me a warning. The warning was because I did not close the packet the other Procter opened for me, and I should have closed it. It was a gold warning so it was my first ( and only) warning. The warning was entitled. " Test Booklet was opened while reading the Lsat answer sheet plus responding to the answer sheet questions. Will this affect my chances of getting into law school? I feel like that schools will not even look at my file because it will be marked with a warning, and since law schools looked through hundreds of applications mine will be ignored. Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3803
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: I got a warning on my Lsat, how will it affect me?

by ohthatpatrick Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 pm

To be honest, I have no direct experience with that issue. I'll ask around to see if anyone other teachers have encountered it, but we're unlikely to know how it would be seen/received on the law school admissions end.

I very much doubt that it would be as dramatic a disqualifier as you're fearing. I would recommend that in your addendum to any law school app you just explain the situation you just described to me.

As long as you do that, I think they will still consider your app the same way.

It's sort of like soccer: no one thinks someone who only gets ONE yellow card is a dirty player. It's possible you just had to be warned for being too careless with your slide tackles. :)