Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

northstardts
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

How long should the 'Sessions' take?

by northstardts Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:33 pm

1. On the self-study syllabus there are 12 sessions. What is a good timeline? 12 weeks? How long should each session take?

2. I'm confused on why it says do the homework before the session. I read below where another poster had the same question, but I'm still sort of confused. Is the session just the reading of the chapters, and then the homework is the actual PT questions?

3. Also, off topic of the subject, but is there a reason why we jump back and forth in the syllabus between LG, RC, LR, and not just do the whole LR book, then the whole LG book, etc?

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: How long should the 'Sessions' take?

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Hey northstardts,

1. 12 weeks is our preferred time-length to approach these lessons. We often shorten the curriculum period to 8 weeks for some of our in-person or live-online classes. For each person the preparation period is different, it depends on outside commitments. But we think somewhere between 8-12 weeks is appropriate.

2. We recommend you watch the LSAT Interact Session first. Then go through the reading in the Strategy Guides, and then finish with the Practice Sets. What you read as Session is probably the Review Session which is typically included in the Tall portion of each homework. When the syllabus says "Due for Session 2" the homework that is due before you watch Session 2 is that homework that corresponds with the lessons contained in LSAT Interact Session 1.

3. We move around across topics in order to build up the skills you need in all three sectional formats concurrently. Often a skill used in LR also applies in LG for example. Also, you wouldn't want to work for 4 weeks in LG, then take 6 weeks off and then hope to do well in LG. We need them to all be firing on all cylinders come test day!

Good luck with your prep!

northstardts
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by northstardts Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

For the LSAT Interact, is that something you have to buy separately? I don't see it in my student center. The only thing I've bought is all 3 third edition books, I didn't buy anything else.

woreirsis77
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by woreirsis77 Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 am

I found small mistakes.

On page 152, after the P-C diagram, the second sentence that starts with "It also correct to say that...." is missing "is."

On page 167, in the answer choice (D), it says "recognix ze" instead of "recognize" !

We provide guarantee to pass gmat with online learn spanish pdf exam training Sterling College itil and you can also get best quality Palm Beach Atlantic University mcat along with Northwestern University mcat for your guaranteed success.
Last edited by woreirsis77 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 468
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by tommywallach Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:16 pm

We'll get 'em fixed right up! Thanks!
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com