andrewpolturak
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

HELP!

by andrewpolturak Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:55 am

Does anyone have any pointers on how to wrap one's head around logic games?

I keep practicing but I don't seem to be making any progress. I'm getting extremely frustrated! Any help would be most appreciated!

Thank you so much!

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: HELP!

by noah Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Andrew, that's the question of the century! There's so much to say about this that I don't think I can really do your question justice here. I'd start by reading the first couple of chapters our logic games strategy guide - (you can download those for free here: http://www.atlaslsat.com/lsat-books.cfm) and then start learning strategies for each game type in the following chapters. After you learn the basics of a game type and how to diagram it, practice with some simpler games of that type, and then move on to examples that add in a curve ball (or two!). Then you work that into full preptests.

Our philosophy is to master the game types while remaining flexible. There's no way that one can prepare for every game, as the LSAT will always come up with new twists, so instead, get used to thinking on the fly.

I'm sorry I couldn't spell out more, but again, that's a huge topic, and I think you need to start by getting a book or self-study program (http://www.atlaslsat.com/lsat-self-study.cfm)

Good luck!

andrewpolturak
Thanks Received: 0
Forum Guests

by andrewpolturak Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks Noah,

I appreciate any advice people are willing to share with me.

Have you read the Logic Game study book?

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by noah Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:49 am

Are you referring to our strategy guide? I've definitely read that :) ! I'm not really equipped to speak to any others though as I'm always dealing with ours.