Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

AngelaC568
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

HELP!! I am doing worse on my prep tests!!

by AngelaC568 Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:28 pm

Hey all,

I am at an absolute loss at the moment. I have been studying since January 2020 and towards the end of February I was showing signs of improvement, but now I am going down. I have gone down by five points and I don't know why. I am considering postponing my lsat in April and starting over.... what should I do?! :oops:

Laura Damone
Thanks Received: 93
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: HELP!! I am doing worse on my prep tests!!

by Laura Damone Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:58 pm

That's an unenviable position, but it's not an uncommon one! I definitely think, without knowing anything at all about your scores, that you should take advantage of the free date change and postpone til April if you're scheduled for March.

For me to tell you much else, though, requires more info about you! What was your diagnostic score, and when in your studies did you take that first exam? When you saw improvement in Feb, how much? What were you scoring? And what are you scoring now?

Now, I'm of the opinion that nobody should be shy about sharing scores, getting answers incorrect in class, etc., because the LSAT primarily measures how well you take the LSAT, not your intelligence, aptitude, or personal worth. But, if you'd rather share that with me via email than in a public forum, feel free: ldamone@manhattanprep.com.
Laura Damone
LSAT Content & Curriculum Lead | Manhattan Prep