Have a question about our books, syllabus, etc.? Ask away...

daniel
Thanks Received: 0
Elle Woods
Elle Woods

Re: Errata list - Manhattan LSAT 3rd edition LOGIC GAMES

by daniel Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:04 pm

FWIW (this is a minor error relating to consistency):

p. 472: In the explanation for PT7, S1, G2, the diagram shown in the "Picture the Game" section has the four activities abbreviated "L O T C." However, throughout the remainder of the explanation, the activities are abbreviated "L O P R."

Mingyuns
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Mingyuns Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 am

Two question for page 252 and page 253:

1. for the diagram of drill 2, since there is no consecutive shifts for any doctors, we could conclude no P on Wed. evening and Th. afternoon. That makes there is only one P. Next inference will be cloud (O,R) on Th. afternoon and evening. Then Wed. morning and evening will be O/R. We may have two R's or R and O to fill Wed. morning and evening.

2. for the diagram of drill 3, S/W may be out. If we frame, we may have both S and W are out, which means that we may have the out part as: x/y, s, w; or x/y, s/w, r/t.

Am I right? Any corrections are welcome!

leroyjenkins
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by leroyjenkins Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:17 pm

For the Geekettes game on pg 498, we are never told that there cannot be two opening acts or special guests at one concert (i.e. we are not told that there is a maximum of one opening act at each concert).

For instance, there are three opening acts: R, S, and T. There is no rule that would exclude S and T from playing at the same concert (though the diagram on page 501 implies this).

Without that stipulation, answer A or C can be correct in the question posed for that game on pg 498.

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:42 pm

daniel Wrote:FWIW (this is a minor error relating to consistency):

p. 472: In the explanation for PT7, S1, G2, the diagram shown in the "Picture the Game" section has the four activities abbreviated "L O T C." However, throughout the remainder of the explanation, the activities are abbreviated "L O P R."

Thanks for noting that, we'll make the correction!

Mingyuns Wrote:Two question for page 252 and page 253:

1. for the diagram of drill 2, since there is no consecutive shifts for any doctors, we could conclude no P on Wed. evening and Th. afternoon. That makes there is only one P. Next inference will be cloud (O,R) on Th. afternoon and evening. Then Wed. morning and evening will be O/R. We may have two R's or R and O to fill Wed. morning and evening.

2. for the diagram of drill 3, S/W may be out. If we frame, we may have both S and W are out, which means that we may have the out part as: x/y, s, w; or x/y, s/w, r/t.

1. I'm looking very closely at the wording on #3. I'm not convinced that Wednesday Afternoon and Thursday Morning are consecutive shifts. Therefore, I see the the limitations to this game in the following way:

2. nice work! Exactly right.

leoangelakos Wrote:For the Geekettes game on pg 498, we are never told that there cannot be two opening acts or special guests at one concert (i.e. we are not told that there is a maximum of one opening act at each concert).

For instance, there are three opening acts: R, S, and T. There is no rule that would exclude S and T from playing at the same concert (though the diagram on page 501 implies this).

Without that stipulation, answer A or C can be correct in the question posed for that game on pg 498.

I interpret this the same way leonangelakos! I'll forward this issue to our curriculum team. Thank you.

Mingyuns
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Mingyuns Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Mingyuns Wrote:Two question for page 252 and page 253:

1. I'm looking very closely at the wording on #3. I'm not convinced that Wednesday Afternoon and Thursday Morning are consecutive shifts. Therefore, I see the the limitations to this game in the following way:

2. nice work! Exactly right.

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I never thought of that Wednesday Afternoon and Thursday Morning are not consecutive shifts. However, since "R will cover at least one shift before and one shift after ANY shift P Takes", P could not be on both Wed. evening and Thurs. morning. Therefore, #of P is 1.

Except that, I totally agree with your diagram. So for the diagram in page 252, we could put R/O in both Wed. morning and Wed. evening. The cloud over Thurs. afternoon and evening could include both O and R.

Here are my frames of numbers:
Frame 1: which results two arrangements.
O: 1
P: 1
Q: 1
R: 3
Frame 2: which results four arrangement.
O: 2
P: 1
Q: 1
R: 2

Also thank you for your confirmation of the latter question!

ManhattanPrepLSAT1
Thanks Received: 1909
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

by ManhattanPrepLSAT1 Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Mingyuns,

Why couldn't we do something like the following?

Mingyuns
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by Mingyuns Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:38 am

mattsherman Wrote:Hi Mingyuns,

Why couldn't we do something like the following?

since "R will cover at least one shift before and one shift after ANY shift P Takes", you must have R in between those two Ps.

manhattanlsat
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by manhattanlsat Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:17 am

P. 343, "We can simplify by creating double sided arrows as in the chart below to the right:"

1) is the chart below or to the right? It's to the right.
2) the chart to the right does not have any double sides arrows, but four different single sided arrows. The book suggests that double sided arrows can be misleading because you won't read up the arrow, but the chart to the right does not have that problem because you have distinct arrows for each direction.