Whatever doesn't fit above.

Algorithm
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Digital LSAT Question

by Algorithm Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:06 am

I'm just getting familiar with the digital LSAT, and don't like the auto scrolling which happens on long answer choices.

First up, the scrolling function for longer questions. This applies to longer questions in any section of the exam. If you’ve scrolled down to look, for example, at answer choice D, and you eliminate it or collapse it, your screen might automatically scroll back up to answer choice A. This means you’ll have to scroll back down to read E.

Now, hopefully this is just a bug that will work out soon, but just in case it doesn’t, there’s a hack for that. As you review the question, collapse A, B, and C as you decide to keep or get rid of them. Then you can evaluate D and E without your screen jumping around. If you eliminate D, E, or both, collapse them. You can then uncollapse your contender answer choices and look at them without being distracted by the eliminated ones. Hopefully, you can do this without scrolling, too!

Does the actual, digital LSAT also jump around like the one on LSAC's website?

If it does, on the longer questions do you recommend using the "hack" described above, or should I just deal with the auto scrolling? Not a big deal, but I want my practice to be as similar to the real test as possible.

Thanks!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3804
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Digital LSAT Question

by ohthatpatrick Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 am

Unfortunately, none of our instructors have firsthand knowledge of how the tablet worked in the actual testing center (a bunch of our teachers took the test in July, but all were given the traditional paper version).

LSAC's website is going to be our most reliable source for seeing what the platform looks like. I imagine that they will update their software as more users provide feedback and unearth bugs, so if you keep checking back to LSAC's online sample periodically, you should be seeing the closest facsimile of the real thing.

But hopefully that annoying thing they were describing will be one of the things fixed by Sept.

Algorithm
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Digital LSAT Question

by Algorithm Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:36 pm

That’s a good idea. I’ll make sure to look for any updates to the LSAC digital practice tests.

Thanks for the effort to get me an answer!