VictoriaK250
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Diagramming Logic Games

by VictoriaK250 Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Hello,

I have the 5 lb book of LSAT drills and I have recently looked through Drill 18, Rules Represent Round 1. I am totally confused with the meanings behind the answers given by the book. The different representations were not explained anywhere in the book and so it is very difficult to understand what I should be extracting from the written question into making a diagram. I can point to specific examples if necessary.

Can someone please let me know some strategies to diagram logic games?

Any help is appreciated!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 3804
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Diagramming Logic Games

by ohthatpatrick Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Hey, there.

This book isn't meant to be a standalone guide. If you're not already familiar with how Manhattan (or any other company) symbolizes rules for Logic Games, then the answers will definitely seem like "Okaaaaay, how should I have known you'd do it that way?"

In short, if this book is your first book for LSAT Prep, it's probably going to have a lot of moments that are like, "What are we talking about? Was I supposed to know that from somewhere?"

This book is full of drills that are meant to give students lots of repetition at applying what they've already learned from strategy guides / classes.

It sounds like you may be coming at it too soon in your LSAT learning process. You should probably either purchase a Games strategy guide (from Manhattan, ideally, if you want the symbolization to match that in this book .... but any testprep company's Games strategy guide will teach you stuff that's mostly the same).

You could also watch free YouTube or Khan Academy videos that attempt to teach students ways to diagram / symbolize games.

Hope this helps.