justburns
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Diagram

by justburns Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:49 pm

I understand the diagram (and my diagram mirrors the diagram in class session #2) ... but at what point is it good practice to pull the trigger and draw frames? Since the "chunk" in this situation makes two (well, four, I suppose) situations, would frames be "worth it?"

When I drew out the frames, my second frame (which involved K/L in 4 and L/K in 6), I was able to fill all of the remaining lines in (MNP[K/L]O[L/K]).

-Justin

noah
Thanks Received: 1192
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Diagram

by noah Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks for the question. Personally I'd say it's overkill for this game, but you basically got half of your frames filled in. The question is, were the frames useful in answering the questions? And, either way, how much time did it take? If it takes a lot of time and doesn't help, then bad call.

Overall, only about 1 game every couple of LSATs needs to get framed, and maybe 2 benefit from it.

I tend to play around for 10-15 seconds if I think frames might work, and if they're not going anywhere, no harm done.

I wish I had a firmer rule for you, but this is part of the instinct you'll develop from doing lots and lots of games.

In case a future forumite (yes, that's what y'all are) needs it, here's the diagram.